EFI for Quadrajet Users--Sniper Quadrajet EFI System
If you have on of the countless thousands of Chevrolet, Buick, Oldsmobile, or Pontiac vehicles built between 1965 and 1979 with the Rochester Quadrajet carburetor, and if your situation necessitates that you stick with a Quadrajet format, then your EFI System has arrived. The Sniper Quadrajet EFI System provides direct-fit replacement of the Rochester Quadrajet carburetor with no need for adapters or spacers. Its height approximates that of the Quadrajet closely enough that it normally fits perfectly under even very close hood clearances where a factory Quadrajet will fit.
Before proceeding further, we should point out that just because you have a factory Quadrajet on your engine now does not mean that you are limited to the Sniper Quadrajet EFI System. In fact, where hood clearance is not an issue, and especially when an aftermarket intake has been installed, we generally recommend the Sniper 4150 EFI System. The Sniper 4150 costs less, includes a built-in regulator, flows more air, and supports 25% more horsepower than this one. Even in those cases where you are installing this on a factory Quadrajet intake manifold it generally is to your advantage to simply use one of the available 4150 to Spreadbore adapters to ensure a good seal between the Sniper 4150 and the factory Quadrajet intake manifold and go the 4150 route.
The Sniper Quadrajet EFI System delivers the features that have come to make the Sniper EFI System famous.
- Solves issues with cold start, throttle hesitation, vapor lock, and flooding
- Typically improves both fuel economy and performance
- The ECU is in the Throttle Body--No boxes to mount, no complex wiring harness to run!
- No computer wizardry required. In fact, no laptop PC is required at all!
- Connect with as few as 4 wiring connections: Power +/-, Ignition, and RPM Signal
- Visually amazing 3.5-inch touchscreen provides both setup and monitoring
- Tunable with Holley Sniper EFI Software for advanced users
Includes Holley's 3.5-inch Touchscreen Handheld Display
In our opinion, the 3.5-inch Touchscreen Display on the Sniper EFI System outclasses displays on similar EFI systems on the market. Bright, clean graphics, intuitive operation, and easy touchscreen input. You'll use this to answer a few easy questions (What displacement is your engine? What is your desired idle RPM?) and the built-in wizard will build a configuration that we get you started and driving. From there the ECU will do the work, refining that tune based feedback from the engine as you drive. But don't tuck that display away just yet! It provides insight into the operation of the engine with gauges and metrics displayed on beautiful graphics, and allows you to data-log key information for closer interpretation using the Sniper EFI Software (a free download!)
What can you do with the Sniper laptop software that you can't do with the handheld? Well, you can tune your Sniper to work with boosted engines up to 1 bar of boost (using the 2-bar map sensor that came on the Sniper.) If this is something that interests you then adding the USB Dongle simplifies connection to your PC. Remember, none of this is required--it is simply an added benefit of Sniper EFI. And we here at EFISystemPro.Com are excited to guide you in your learning.
Recommended With your Sniper EFI System
- You will need an EFI Fuel System. We have several solutions!
- We always recommend one of Holley's OE Style Fuel Modules if one is available for your vehicle.
- A complete EFI Fuel Tank System is also a great choice.
- If no OE module or complete Tank solution is available for your vehicle but you still want the benefits of an in-tank pump then one of these Retro-Fit Fuel Tank Modules is the right answer.
- The Master Kit with inline fuel pump continues to be the most cost-effective and universal solution. You can choose that when you add the EFI System to your cart, above.
- You absolutely will want a Fuel Pressure Gauge. Those who don't install one with their EFI system are invariably the ones who end up needing it. Don't be that guy!
- The Sniper EFI System has the capability to control ignition timing in addition to providing fuel injection. If you choose this then we recommend you upgrade to the HyperSpark Distributor System.
For more Sniper EFI System upgrade and replacement parts browse our entire selection of Sniper EFI System Components!
Everyone says, "Buy From EFISystemPro.Com". Why?
When you buy it here at EFISystemPro.Com, that means we're on standby to answer your questions. Our level-3 tech support will gladly talk you through any challenge--just try to get that sort of personal service from a big-box auto performance store! Because here at EFISystemPro.Com, our look is high-end professional, but our service after the sale is home-town helpful!
Watch This Great Video On The Sniper Quadrajet EFI System
Not Sure? Review this product documentation before you buy!
|Fueling Strategy||Speed Density|
|Includes Power Harness||Yes|
|Knock Control Channels||0|
|Number of Cylinders||8 Cylinder (Even Fire Only)|
|User Configurable I/O||Yes|
|User-Selectable MAP Storage||No|
|Displays And Controllers|
|CAN Bus Capable||Yes (Specific to Holley ECUs Only)|
|Configurable||Monitor dozens of pre-configured metrics provided by the ECU, including sensors, air/fuel ratio, switched outputs, drive-by-wire data, and more.|
|Functions||Setup, Monitor, Tuning|
|Gauge/Display Size||3.5 Inch Rectangular|
|Internal Storage||Yes (SD Card)|
|Airflow Rate (CFM)||715 CFM (at 3 Inches Hg)|
|IAC Motor Included||Yes|
|Style||Throttle Body Injection|
|Throttle Bore Diameter (ea)||42.86mm|
|TPS Sensor Included||Yes|
|Flow Rate (Lbs / Hr)||100 PPH|
|Fuel Pressure Regulators|
|Pressure Range||Set (58.5 PSI at idle)|
|Style||Integrated in Throttle Body|
|Flow Rate (GPH)||Master Kit Only: 67.4 GPH (w/526-5 and 526-7 version). Flow rate of 526-8 is significantly less.|
|Flow Rate (LPH)||Master Kit Only: 255 LPH (w/526-5 and 526-7 version). Flow rate of 526-8 is significantly less.|
|Fuel Type||The Sniper EFI System supports Gasoline or E85. Your fuel system must be able to support E85 in order to use E85. Sniper Master Kit (with fuel pump) supports gasoline only.|
|Element Material||Master Kit Only: Paper|
|Filter Type||Master Kit Only: Inline|
|Micron Filtration||Master Kit Only: Prefilter: 20 Micron / Postfilter: 10 Micron|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Master Kit Only: No|
|Outside Diameter||Master Kit Only: Prefilter: 1.94 Inches / Postfilter: 2.17 Inches|
|Harness Type||7-pin Power/Ignition/Fuel Pump, 10-Pin I/O, Wideband O2, Coolant Temp, CAN Bus (All fixed to Throttle Body)|
|Sensor Harness Included||No (Ignition Adapter Only)|
|Type||Air Temperature, 1 BAR MAP and Throttle Position (Integrated in TB); Coolant Temperature, Wideband O2|
|Also Included||3.5-inch Touchscreen Display|
|Application||Engines with Intake Manifold accepting a Spreadbore (Quadrajet) carburetor|
|Color||Shiny Silver (550-867), Ceramic Black (550-868) or Classic Gold (550-869)|
|Unit of Sale||Kit|