MSD Super Conductor Wires solve EFI problems. While that may seem like a bold statement, it is based on our combined decades of EFI experience. No, they don't correct fuel delivery issues or correct ignition timing issues or many of the plethora of other issues that can prevent successful EFI. But the bottom line is that if radio frequency interference (RFI) is affecting the signals coming from or back to the ECU or (even worse) the ECU's operation itself, you can forget about all those other problems until you fix that. Spark plug wires are the number one source of RFI problems in EFI installations, and many who suffer from spark plug wire-related RFI have no idea that is the case.
MSD Super Conductor spark plug wires are designed to keep spark energy inside the spark plug wire rather than releasing it as electronic interference inside the engine compartment. Combined with wise spark plug wire routing and maintenance, the installation of a set of MSD Super Conductor wires can truly be a game changer, not just correcting big problems but also "mysteriously" solving those little issues that you've not been able to overcome, like that idle that seems a little off or the throttle position that wants to drift a bit when you're not on the throttle.
This MSD Super Conductor spark plug wire set fits the broad category of Chevy, GMC vehicles built from 1975 to 1989 with the Big Block V8 engine. A more precise fitment list for MSD Super Conductor Wire Set # 35609 is shown below. If your vehicle is not in that list, contact us so that we can help confirm fitment.
What's the big deal about MSD Super Conductor wires
There's no magic here--just rock-solid design and engineering. These MSD Super Conductor wires are 8.5mm outer diameter, which is much larger than factory wires that usually run 6-7mm. The primary difference in thickness is that of the insulation--an often-overlooked measurement of spark plug wire capability. The thicker insulation keeps spark energy inside the wire. Modern CD (capacitive discharge) ignitions and high-power igntion coils can actually blow pinholes right through the insulation on thinner wires--especially as they age. The heavier, high-quality insulation on the 8.5mm Super Conductor wire dramatically limits that possibility.
Deeper into the wire we find the conductor. MSD Super Conductor wires use a copper conductor, but it's not just a straight run of copper from one end to the other. The conductor is wound around a ferro-magnetic impregnated core of Dupont Kevlar. Sure, Kevlar adds physical strength to the wire. But this core is what prevents the spark plug wire from becoming an antenna radiating RFI under the hood of the vehicle. Taken together, the copper conductor and core creates a wire that is 40-50 ohms per foot. This provides a great balance of RFI-reducing resistance with power-transmitting conductance.
Tell me more about this particular set of MSD Super Conductor wires
This is a custom fit wire set, meaning that it is ready-to-install. No cutting, crimping, or assembly is required. The wire lengths of each wire in the set are shown in the specifications, below. While a custom fit wire set means less work for the installer, it also means that there is no opportunity to adjust wire lengths to accomodate a preferred routing. In general, the lengths are long enough to accomodate routing that brings the wires down and alongside (if not under) the exhaust manifold. We have purposely not listed any of the MSD Super Conductor wiresets that are made to route over the valve covers, as that is not consistent with wise spark plug wire routing in an EFI application. Compare the lengths shown in the specifications to your requirements. If they don't work for you then you may want to consider a universal set that allows you to custom cut each wire length.
Does this set of MSD Super Conductor wires fit my factory distributor?
This MSD Super Conductor wire set has HEI style (spark plug top) connectors for the distributor or coil. That may or may not be different from your factory distributor or coil, so do check. If your distributor does not have HEI style connectors then contact us and we can help you find a set of MSD Super Conductor wires with socket-style distributor connectors. But be prepared as we are going to use the opportunity to explain to you the huge advantage that a more modern distributor setup will have for your EFI application. We encourage the use of the HyperSpark distributor, which allows you to maintain a "factory" look without sacrificing the benefits of a modern ignition.
Here is what Holley says about this MSD Super Conductor wire set
The MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor is the ultimate performance wire! Its extremely low-resistance combined with the ability to suppress Electro Magnetic Interference is a combination that defies the common laws of physics.
Less resistance means more energy is going to make it to the spark plug to ignite the air/fuel mixture. The Super Conductor uses a copper alloy conductor resulting in less than 50 ohms per foot of wire! This ensures that the most energy possible makes it to the spark plug. By helically winding the conductor around a special core, we are able to produce a highly effective choke to keep the EMI inside the wire and away from other electronics.
This combination is encased in a heavy duty sleeve that will withstand abrasion and high temperatures. Cap off each end with our Dual Crimp Terminals and you have the best wire available.
Features And Benefits
- Less than 50 ohms per foot for superior spark
- Ferro-magnetic impregnated core creates an effective EMI choke
- Forty feet of conductor is wound into a single foot of wire for high EMI suppression
- Conductor core features Dupont Kevlar material for increased tensile strength
- Durable outer sleeve is a proprietary compound for resistance to high heat or abrasion
The MSD 32349 Superconductor Wire Set fits:
- Chevrolet Bel Air Big Block V8 1975-1975
- Chevrolet C10 Big Block V8 1975-1980
- Chevrolet C10 Suburban Big Block V8 1975-1980
- Chevrolet C20 Big Block V8 1975-1986
- Chevrolet C20 Suburban Big Block V8 1975-1986
- Chevrolet C30 Big Block V8 1975-1986
- Chevrolet Caprice Big Block V8 1975-1976
- Chevrolet G20 Big Block V8 1976-1976
- Chevrolet G30 Big Block V8 1975-1976
- Chevrolet Impala Big Block V8 1975-1976
- Chevrolet K10 Big Block V8 1976-1976
- Chevrolet K10 Big Block V8 1979-1980
- Chevrolet K20 Big Block V8 1976-1978
- Chevrolet K20 Big Block V8 1980-1980
- Chevrolet K20 Suburban Big Block V8 1985-1985
- Chevrolet K30 Big Block V8 1977-1977
- Chevrolet K30 Big Block V8 1980-1986
- Chevrolet K5 Blazer Big Block V8 1976-1978
- Chevrolet Malibu Big Block V8 1975-1975
- Chevrolet Monte Carlo Big Block V8 1975-1975
- Chevrolet R30 Big Block V8 1987-1988
- Chevrolet R3500 Big Block V8 1989-1989
- Chevrolet V30 Big Block V8 1987-1988
- Chevrolet V3500 Big Block V8 1989-1989
- GMC C15 Big Block V8 1975-1978
- GMC C15 Suburban Big Block V8 1975-1978
- GMC C1500 Big Block V8 1979-1980
- GMC C1500 Suburban Big Block V8 1979-1980
- GMC C25 Big Block V8 1975-1978
- GMC C25 Suburban Big Block V8 1975-1978
- GMC C2500 Big Block V8 1979-1986
- GMC C2500 Suburban Big Block V8 1979-1986
- GMC C35 Big Block V8 1975-1978
- GMC C3500 Big Block V8 1979-1986
- GMC G25 Big Block V8 1975-1976
- GMC G35 Big Block V8 1976-1976
- GMC Jimmy Big Block V8 1976-1976
- GMC K15 Big Block V8 1976-1976
- GMC K1500 Big Block V8 1979-1980
- GMC K25 Big Block V8 1976-1978
- GMC K25 Suburban Big Block V8 1976-1977
- GMC K3500 Big Block V8 1979-1986
- GMC R3500 Big Block V8 1987-1989
- GMC Sprint Big Block V8 1975-1975
- GMC V3500 Big Block V8 1987-1989
|Spark Plug Wires
|Ferro-magnetic impregnated Dupont Kevlar
|40-50 Ohms Per Foot
|Coil / Distributor Boots
|Cylinder 1 Length
|Cylinder 2 Length
|Cylinder 3 Length
|Cylinder 4 Length
|Cylinder 5 Length
|Cylinder 6 Length
|Cylinder 7 Length
|Cylinder 8 Length
|Coil Wire Length
|Chevy, GMC Big Block V8 1975-1989
|Red (PN 35609), Black (PN 35603)
|5 - This part is legal for sale or use on Emissions Controlled Vehicles, Uncontrolled (Non-Emissions Controlled) Vehicles, and Racing Use Only Vehicles because it does not affect vehicle emissions and is not covered by emissions regulations.
|Only for applications using HEI style Coil & Distributor Connectors
|Unit of Sale